Conflict Resolution Training for Executives
Conflict is a necessary component of every business. When handled correctly, conflict can strengthen relationships and breed innovation. When handled incorrectly, conflict can irreparably harm relationships and damage an organization's climate. While most of us would prefer not to deal with conflicts, hoping they will resolve themselves or rushing to confront them head on are not typically effective strategies. At best these approaches may create compliance, but they often fall short of creating the commitment to change leaders need to inspire.
The reality is every workplace conflict is an opportunity for leaders to galvanize their team and inspire or lose their best people. These tests are passed when leaders respond timely, consistently and with appropriate transparency. As with all other perishable skills, leaders will become more confident and successful when they the practice and prepare in advance of their difficult conversations.
Disciplined Listening Method | Conflict Resolution Training
Certified Forensic Interviewers' (CFI's) responsibilities revolve around resolving conflicts – preferably before they arise. Most victims, witnesses and suspects have many more reasons to withhold information than they have reasons to tell the truth. Yet the vast majority of the interviews CFI's conduct end with a handshake. These handshakes are the result of careful preparation, contextual awareness and adherence to the philosophy of "Focus on the issue, not the person - Focus on the resolution not the consequences" that allows for everyone involved to feel acknowledged, respected and safe.
Disciplined Listening Conflict Resolution Techniques provide executives and business leaders with the skills and techniques they need to uncover the truth, diffuse tense interactions, help their employees protect their self-images, inspire commitments to action and partner with their teams to unlock everyone's true potential. The Disciplined Listening Method integrates the key components of four non-confrontational interview and interrogation techniques with current leadership research and best practices to instill the skills necessary to use the truth to your advantage. In addition to facilitator-led components, each program includes case studies, pre-work, homework, group exercises, video evaluations and supporting documentation designed to reinforce and adopt a repeatable process. After completing this program attendees will walk away with the skills to:
- Apply the optimal conflict resolution approaches in any situation
- Identify the root causes of workplace conflict
- Consistently develop trust through intentional interactions
- Enhance relationships by developing emotional intelligence
- Develop persuasive approaches by leveraging perceived weaknesses
- Utilize multiple conversation frameworks
- Identify new alternatives and reduce resistance by accurately evaluating verbal and non-verbal communication for signals of acceptance and resistance
- Inspire commitments with techniques that encourage their counterparts to save face and protect their self-image
- Capitalize on excuses to arrive at ownership
- Optimize objections to enlighten paths to new courses of action
- Uncover critical information with the preferred questioning techniques of Certified Forensic Interviewers
- Consistently create commitments to new behavior patterns by applying Disciplined Listening Conflict Resolution Techniques
Our conflict resolution training courses are specifically developed and facilitated for each client to assist with program implementation and increased takeaway value. Our commitment begins with our training programs and continues through supporting each attendee’s skills and confidence development.
Learn more about the philosophies and lessons behind Disciplined Listening on our blog.
To schedule a training event for your team or to discuss the details of the Disciplined Listening advisory sessions contact Michael Reddington, CFI at +1 (704) 256-7116 or firstname.lastname@example.org.