Leadership Training for Executives
Both great organizational leaders and great interviewers build their success with the same two core skills - vision and influence. When interviewers and leaders guide resistant parties through changing circumstances their approach is often more important than their final objective. The philosophy of “Focus on the issue not the person - Focus on the resolution not the consequences” propels people with opposing viewpoints and interests to commit to a new course of action together.
How leaders gather, synthesize, and present information has a significant effect on their ability to coach people and inspire change. The stories and excuses leaders are fed can be the key they need to unlock the ability for their employees to protect their self image and commit to moving forward. Sustainable changes occur with less stress and fewer obstacles when leaders adapt the approach of allowing the conversation to come to them and moving for their employees to take responsibilities at the end of their conversations.
Disciplined Listening Method | Leadership Training
To successfully obtain the truth Certified Forensic Interviewers (CFI's) must create a vision for how any interview needs to proceed and they need to influence their subjects to commit to telling the truth in the face of potential consequences. Inquasive's executive education team has been refining their visions and influence techniques for over 35 years. Investigations don't arrive at a successful conclusion when the culprits tell the truth about what they did. Investigations conclude successfully when every witness, victim and culprit - along with the organization - learn from the process and commit to new courses of action moving forward. The skills CFI's use to inspire these commitments to action transition directly to coach and developing employees.
Disciplined Listening Leadership Techniques provide executives and business leaders with the skills and techniques they need to uncover the truth, help their employees protect their self-images, inspire commitments to action and partner with their teams to unlock everyone's true potential. The Disciplined Listening Method integrates the key components of four non-confrontational interview and interrogation techniques with current leadership research and best practices to instill the skills necessary to use the truth to your advantage. In addition to facilitator-led components, each program includes case studies, pre-work, homework, group exercises, video evaluations and supporting documentation designed to reinforce and adopt a repeatable process. After completing this program attendees will walk away with the skills to:
- Apply the best of the six core leadership styles in any situation
- Apply the optimal conflict resolution approaches in any situation
- Consistently develop trust through intentional interactions
- Understand team members perspectives by applying emotional intelligence
- Develop leadership approaches by leveraging perceived weaknesses
- Utilize multiple conversation frameworks
- Identify new alternatives and reduce resistance by accurately evaluating verbal and non-verbal communication for signals of acceptance and resistance
- Inspire commitments with techniques that encourage their counterparts to save face and protect their self-image
- Optimize objections to enlighten paths to new courses of action
- Uncover critical information with the preferred questioning techniques of Certified Forensic Interviewers
- Consistently create commitments to new behavior patterns by applying Disciplined Listening Leadership Techniques
Our leadership training courses are specifically developed and facilitated for each client to assist with program implementation and increased takeaway value. Our commitment begins with our training programs and continues through supporting each attendee’s skills and confidence development.
Learn more about the philosophies and lessons behind Disciplined Listening on our blog.
To schedule a training event for your team or to discuss the details of the Disciplined Listening advisory sessions contact Michael Reddington, CFI at +1 (704) 256-7116 or firstname.lastname@example.org.