Negotiation Skills for Executives
Cultivating commitment in critical circumstances is shared a passion of many business leaders. Most executives attend similar negotiation training programs, read the same best sellers, and essentially operate from the same negotiating playbook. In addition to using similar approaches it is generally accepted that negotiators will often withhold information to satisfy as many of their interests as possible. This general practice causes negotiators to walk a thin line between discovering undisclosed information and creating an atmosphere of distrust.
Executives who are confident in their ability to recognize these well traveled approaches, while applying new strategies and observation skills will have an advantage in every conversation they engage in. When negotiators prepare with methods that enable them to understand and control the context of the situation, develop the ability to accurately recognize signals of acceptance and resistance and value achieving goals over protecting their feelings they position themselves achieve the commitments they desire.
The Disciplined Listening Method | Negotiation Training
Certified Forensic Interviewers consistently develop committed agreements in stressful conversations. WZ's executive education team has been diffusing conflict and creating commitments to action inside the interview rooms and conference rooms for over 35 years by using the same strategic approach based on preparation, evaluation and execution. They understand high stakes scenarios embellish the need for sound strategies, based on their counterparts' interests, that allow all parties involved to protect their self-images and buy into the final decision.
The Disciplined Listening Negotiation Method provides executives and business leaders with the advantages they need to connect with their audiences, strengthen relationships, uncover new alternatives, and influence agreements. The Disciplined Listening Method integrates the key components of four non-confrontational interview and interrogation techniques with current negotiation research and best practices to instill the skills necessary to use the truth to your advantage. In addition to facilitator led components, each program includes case studies, pre-work, homework, group exercises, video evaluations and supporting documentation designed to reinforce and adapt a repeatable process. After competing this program attendees will walk away with the skills to:
- Strategically prepare based on their counterparts' perspectives
- Understand and connect with the six types of buyers and five types of sellers
- Develop negotiation approaches by leveraging perceived weaknesses
- Utilize multiple conversation frameworks
- Leverage concurrent offers during negotiations
- Identify new alternatives and reduce resistance by accurately evaluating verbal and non-verbal communication for signals of acceptance and resistance
- Enhance relationships by consistently communicating to develop trust
- Finalize agreements with techniques that encourage their counterparts to save face and protect their self image
- Optimize objections to enlighten paths to agreements
- Uncover critical information with the preferred questioning techniques of Certified Forensic Interviewers
- Consistently secure commitment to agreements by applying the Disciplined Listening Negotiation Method
Our negotiation training courses are specifically developed and facilitated for each client to assist with program implementation and increased take-away value. Our commitment begins with our training programs and continues through supporting each attendee’s skills and confidence development.
Learn more about the philosophies and lessons behind Disciplined Listening on our blog.
To schedule a training event for your team or to discuss the details of the Disciplined Listening negotiation training course contact Michael Reddington, CFI at 800-222-7789 x150 or firstname.lastname@example.org.