Negotiation Training | Negotiating Skills for Executives
Most executives attend similar negotiation training programs, read the same negotiation best sellers, and essentially operate from the same negotiating playbook. Using WZ's foundation in interview and interrogation techniques, The Disciplined Listening Method provides executives with the advantage they are looking for at any bargaining table.
WZ has been uncovering the truth and establishing an environment of trust for over 30 years. WZ’s executive education team integrates these skills and techniques into a negotiation protocol that helps negotiators develop relationships, uncover more critical information, and find better alternatives to reach satisfying agreements.
It is generally accepted that negotiators often withhold information as part of their strategy to satisfy as many of their interests as possible. This usually isn’t considered lying; it is just how the game is played. This general practice causes negotiators to walk a thin line between discovering undisclosed information and creating an atmosphere of distrust.
Negotiating Using the Disciplined Listening Method
The Disciplined Listening Method integrates key non-confrontational interview and interrogation skills including:
- Accurately evaluating verbal and non-verbal behavior;
- Helping our counterparts save face and effective questioning techniques to limit and diffuse the resistance negotiators face;
- Effectively executing the method starts with a preparation process that is built on anticipating your counterpart’s needs, interests, and most likely responses.
- Creating a conversation structure that increases an executive’s ability to interpret the counterpart’s responses, gain insight into his/her interests and motivations;
- Guide the negotiation in a direction that allows for optimal agreements to be reached.
Learn The Disciplined Listening Method from WZ’s team of Certified Forensic Interviewers. Our negotiation training courses are specifically developed and facilitated for each client to assist with program implementation and increase take-away value. Our commitment begins with our training presentation and continues as we support each attendee’s skill development.